Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Character Design

For this project, taking the character 'Mr. Fogg' from the book 'Around the world in 80 days' we would have to draw our interpretation of the character and how he should look.


To start out, I worked with thumbnail sketches, working with shapes and working into them. 

I then started to work into my thumbnails with a slight bit of detail, so that I can determine which work and which don't




This is the original line drawing I did for the character, Mr. Fogg is described as being posh and a bit witty and so this was the way I envisioned him.


this is after the shading that we were taught to do in a specific way. This was new to me because I have always shaded my characters using a different way than how we were shown, but I was open to learn this way too. I didn't find it as easy but I think I did a good job of making the light hit him the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment